This review is of Blueprint's MCAT Self-Paced program (6-month access) which retails for $1,999.
- Customizable Study Planner tool which analyzes your information such as your exam date, how many hours you'd like to study per day, any dates you don't want to study on, and preferred testing dates.
- 160 Learning Modules integrating content videos, test-taking strategies, quizzes, and assessments. These are all easy to access from your calendar to make sure you're always on topic. The content lectures are extremely well done and high-quality videos, with great production and visual animations that follow along with the lectures.
- AI-powered Qbank with over 4,000 discrete questions and passages. Blueprint also has some of the best analytics in the industry which helps you identify and remediate any weak areas.
- 15 full-length MCAT exams (includes all AAMC full-length exams), along with ALL official AAMC online resources
- Live Review Sessions with an MCAT expert 6 days per week. These can be in the form of office hours, or scheduled live lectures that you have access to (even with the Self-Paced online course).
- 6 physical MCAT Content books, including 3 completely new books on MCAT CARS Reasoning, Psych/Sociology, and Physics shipped to you
- Score Increase Guarantee
- AI tutor for CARS questions
Blueprint has a great customized study planner. When you first start your program it asks you some questions like:
- When is your exam date?
- How many hours do you want to study per day?
- Are there any days you don't want to study?
- What weekday would you prefer to take your full-length exams?
Based on your answers, the software will automatically generate a study calendar that's an ideal fit for you, but you can further customize it if needed.
One of the best features that make Blueprint stand apart from the rest are their extremely high-quality video lectures. Every video has studio-quality production, with engaging and creative visual animations supplementing the lecturer.
You also get access to live lectures even with the Self-Paced program, so unless you want even more live interaction, you could consider saving the $600 from the Live-Online program.
Blueprint also does a great job combining its content and lectures with quizzes and practice questions to gauge your understanding as you go.
This helps assess your learning retention and gives you helpful suggestions for remediation work that you can apply in other areas such as the Q-Bank.
Blueprint's MCAT Q-Bank is also included in the Self-Paced program and features a realistic testing UI with over 4,000 questions.
With the Self-Paced course, you have access to 10,000 practice questions in total when adding up all Q-Bank, full-length exams, and practice questions integrated into the content review.
Blueprint's Q-Bank also sports the best analytics we've tested. It's easy to find strong and weak areas so you can remediate them accordingly. It's also nice to be able to track your performance over time so you can gauge your progress and know that you're studying effectively.
Blueprint also integrates an AI chatbot called "Blue" to help you analyze CARS questions and help you understand the rationale behind the correct answer. It acts like a tutor would, intentionally asking you questions designed to guide you to the correct answer rather than just telling you.
Blueprint MCAT Self-Paced Online Discount
Blueprint's Self-Paced MCAT course is ideal for independent learners who prefer on-demand video lessons and value self-directed study with less focus on live instructor time. You still get live interaction, but it's more flexible, and you have all of the main core features of the other programs for a lower price.
Ultimately, if you don't need EXTRA live lectures, seriously consider choosing the Self-Paced program and save $600.